Last updated 11/5/2015
- What information we collect from you on the Site, how the information is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding your information.
- How we safeguard your information.
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “shine the light” law), California residents have a right to request an information-sharing disclosure from a business to which they have provided personal information and which has disclosed the information to any third party for third-party direct marketing uses in the prior calendar year.
We do not knowingly share your personal information with third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing uses, except with your prior opt-in consent. To make a request for information-sharing disclosure under this law, please use our contact information indicated in the “Contact Us” section at the end of this document. Please note that, under this law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any requests that are not sent to the above-designated email address.
Do Not Track (DNT) Disclosure: The Site does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals of web browsers. However, should the industry establish uniform technological standards for recognizing and implementing “Do Not Track” signals, we would be open to following such industry standards.
What Information We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”): This is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, email address, phone number, mailing/shipping address, and credit card information. We do not collect PII from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. We ask for and collect your PII when you engage in an identification activity on the Site, such as creating an account, placing an order, submitting a request or inquiry to us, etc. (each, an “Identification Activity”). Whether or not to disclose PII is completely your choice. However, without providing PII you will not be able to engage in or complete an Identification Activity. You must be at least 18 years of age to engage in an Identification Activity on the Site.
- Aggregate and Anonymous Information (“AAI”): This refers to information that does not identify you personally. For example, we may use third-party analytics services (for example, Google Analytics) to collect aggregate usage and traffic information pertaining to the Site. We do not use these third-party services to collect PII about our users. For more information about Google Analytics, see http://googleanalyticshelp.org/privacy-policy. Also, we may collect aggregate information that can help us analyze and understand our customers’ demographics, interests, preferences, etc. In addition, we may aggregate our customers’ PII by removing personally-identifiable elements (such as names) so as to “anonymize” or “de-personalize” the information.
NOTE: We may use third-party analytics services (for example, Google Analytics) to collect and analyze aggregate usage and traffic information pertaining to the Site. We do not use these third-party services to collect PII about our users. For more information about Google Analytics, see http://googleanalyticshelp.org/privacy-policy.
- : To the extent we use UAI in a manner that identifies a user individually (e.g., if we link or associate such information with a particular user account), such information will be treated as PII. Otherwise, UAI will be treated as AAI.
What We Do With the Information
The following describes how we use and share our customers’ information (including PII) collected on the Site:
- To provide, operate, manage, maintain and improve the Site: This includes using PII to enable, administer and manage our customers’ Identification Activities. For example, when you place an order on the Site, we will use your information to process, fulfill and ship your order.
- To share with our service providers: We use third-party service vendors to assist us with the Site operation, hosting, maintenance, security, etc. and they may need to access our customers’ information (including PII) in order to perform tasks for us. We require that our service providers limit their use of our customers’ PII solely to providing services to Interwest Safety and that they safeguard such information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
Information Access, Retention and Choice
- Information Access: If you have created an account on the Site or have otherwise provided your PII to us on the Site (such as in connection with a purchase made on the Site) and you wish to view or update your information in our database, please Contact Us.
- Data Retention: By engaging in an Identification Activity on the Site, you acknowledge and agree that we may retain your PII (excluding credit card information) in our customer database for as long as you remain a user of the Site or a customer of our products. We also reserve the right to retain your information as necessary to comply with law or legal process (including a court order or subpoena), to cooperate with law enforcement (including investigation of an alleged or suspected crime, fraud or other illegal activity), to complete a pending transaction, to resolve a claim or dispute, and/or to enforce an applicable agreement between you and us. Because of its non-personally-identifiable nature, AAI (including UAI that is not personally identifiable) may be retained indefinitely.
- Account Cancellation: If you have created an account on the Site and you wish to cancel your account, please Contact Us. However, you acknowledge that we reserve the right to retain your information as necessary to comply with law or legal process (including a court order or subpoena), to cooperate with law enforcement (including investigation of an alleged or suspected crime, fraud or other illegal activity), to complete a pending transaction, to resolve a claim or dispute, and/or to enforce an applicable agreement between you and us.
- Marketing/Promotional Emailing Opt-Out: To opt out of receiving marketing/promotional emails from us on a going-forward basis, please Contact Us or use the “unsubscribe” link provided in a marketing/promotional email you previously received from us.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may also use “web beacons” (also known as “clear GIFs,” “pixel tags,” etc.) – which are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails – to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We may include web beacons in emails to help us recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, web beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive web beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
We use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard the security of the Site and our customers’ information, including limiting access to our customers’ information to only those of our employees, agents, contractors and service providers who need to access such information in order to perform tasks for us, and we require that they not make any unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
Also, in an effort to provide our customers with a secure shopping environment, we have taken the following steps:
- We use a PCI-compliant third-party vendor to host the checkout and payment process on the Site, including shopping cart, checkout page and payment processing, for purchases made on the Site. All payment processing is handled through the vendor’s secure servers. “PCI-compliant” means that the vendor follows the Payment Card Industry (“PCI”) data security standards with respect to your credit card information.
- The Site and our servers do not store, process, or transmit your credit card information.
Despite these efforts, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and, therefore, we and our service vendor cannot guarantee the absolute security of our users’ account information. We will endeavor to notify our users if and to the extent required by law, in the event we become aware of a breach or suspected breach of the security of the Site that affects our users’ account information. However, you understand and acknowledge that we are not liable for any breach of security resulting from causes or events that are beyond our control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism. By providing your email address to us, you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you via email regarding an actual or suspected security breach.
The Site is not intended for or directed to anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
To contact us, please use the information below:
Interwest Safety Supply, LLC
Attn: Dave Krantz
724 East 1860 South
Provo, Utah 84606
Tel: (801) 375-6321
Fax: (801) 377-2739